City Junk & Gardening Ltd Terms & Conditions
City Junk & Gardening is committed to providing full customer satisfaction. If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please contact us via our contact form below, or by phone.
Registered address: Flat 9, 166 New North Road, Ilford, Essex, IG6 2XP
Telephone: 020 7118 6600
VAT Registration Number: GB2134904434
City Junk & Gardening Ltd is registered in England and Wales: company number 09324767.
The following terms and conditions convey the obligations, rights, and responsibilities of all parties involved in this agreement. The words “you” or “your” appear in reference to the Customer; the terms “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to City Junk & Gardening. These terms and conditions can be changed, altered, or amended only with prior written notice. Please ensure that you have read and understood our cancellation policy in full before continuing.
Rubbish Removal Terms and Conditions
Basis of service
All bookings with us are subject to our terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions, and any quotation provided, define the whole agreement between you and us. They fully cover the supply of our rubbish collection services, and do so at the exclusion of all other terms and conditions.
- All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions. City Junk & Gardening staff reserve the right to work safely, and will cease work if they feel the working conditions may endanger the public, customers or staff.
- Where we are able to provide a quotation for our services without first needing to inspect the working location, then a contract shall be created between us on your acceptance of our quotation. The quotation will be communicated by telephone, email or other form of suitable communication. We reserve the right to alter out quotation, if it is adjudged by our staff at time of arrival on site that the quotation no longer accurately reflects the work required. If we need to visit the working site to provide a quotation, there shall be no contract between us, until we have inspected the site sufficiently and drawn up a quotation. Any prior price indication shall be considered an estimate only, and we are not obliged to provide this price in the final quotation. Any quotation from us shall be valid for a period of 30 calendar days from its date of issue, unless we notify you in writing that we have withdrawn it during this period, which we reserve the right to do at any time.
- Telephone estimates cannot be guaranteed until an employee of City Junk & Gardening has visited the site. If only a subsection of the waste is visible, our staff can only quote for the amount seen during the site visit.
- On receipt of your waste, we reserve the right to charge for the amount of waste received. City Junk & Gardening staff will do everything possible to provide accurate estimates in all cases. On most occasions contact will be made after the site visit, to inform the customer of the quotation. If contact cannot be readily made, we reserve the right to charge for the full amount taken during works, as well as any extra time or disposal charges incurred that were not identified during the site visit.
- When a customer chooses to place a booking, a price estimate for waste collection will be provided. On arrival at the site, City Junk & Gardening staff will finalize the cost by producing a full quotation, before starting work. It is always the customer’s responsibility to provide us with fully accurate details regarding the volume and weight of waste to be collected. Failure to do so can lead to inaccurate quotations or additional charges.
- All waste collected is considered the property of the customer until the customer has paid City Junk & Gardening for carrying out collection. Bulky waste incurs a higher disposal cost, in the event a customer refuses to pay, and should the waste have already been disposed of or recycled by City Junk & Gardening, we reserve the right to return the same weight or volume of waste as has been collected to the site of original collection.
Provision of services
- All City Junk & Gardening staff reserve the right to work safely, and will cease work should they feel the working conditions endanger the public, customers or staff.
- Unless prevented from doing so by a Force Majeure Event, we will provide services with reasonable care and skill.
- Effort will be made to provide services on the removal dates provided, but there may be delays that arise due to circumstances beyond our control. In this case we will inform you to arrange a revised removal date as soon as is reasonably possible.
- If any member of City Junk & Gardening staff becomes aware of, or suspects, the presence of Asbestos, they are required to leave site immediately in line with HSE guidelines. Needles and any other hazardous / toxic substances may also result in immediate vacation of a site or premises by City Junk& Gardening staff.
- If any member of City Junk & Gardening staff detects, or suspects, the presence of Asbestos or other hazardous / dangerous substances on site, we may immediately vacate the premises. We are then no longer responsible for any further collection or disposal from site. In such an event the customer remains fully liable for payment in full of the earlier provided quotation.
- If it is necessary to appoint an expert to remove materials already loaded onto City Junk & Gardening vans, we reserve the right to charge you, if at the time of removal we were unaware of any Asbestos or other hazardous / dangerous substances in the load identified for removal.
- Any sharp or dangerous objects e.g. knives and broken glass, must be separately stored in an appropriate container by the customer, prior to City Junk & Gardening staff arriving on site. Under no circumstances should sharp objects be stored in bags.
- You shall provide all City Junk & Gardening employees, agents and subcontractors, with free and safe access to the site from which removal is to take place. You are obliged to notify us of any special circumstances which may affect the accuracy our quotation, including but not limited to: whether the items to be removed are difficult to access, if any items are large or heavy, if there is likely to be a dispute as to whether the rubbish can be cleared, or if we are unable to park free of charge outside the premises. Failure to provide complete or accurate information or instructions may result in the cancellation of collection, either at time of attendance at site, or by giving you notice prior to arrival. Where suitable we also reserve the right to continue work on site but to amend any earlier quotation to reflect additional charges of a reasonable sum that is to cover any extra work or costs incurred by our staff. The above is at the absolute discretion of City Junk & Gardening.
Events outside of our control
- We are neither liable, nor responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
- A Force Majeure Event is defined as any act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, but is not limited to the following:
– Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
– Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, natural epidemic or other natural disaster.
– Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
– Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
- Our obligations under these terms are suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we reserve the right to extend the time to perform these obligations for the duration of that period. We will take reasonable steps to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close, or to find a solution by which our obligations under these terms can be performed, despite the continued occurrence of the Force Majeure Event.
Price and payment
- The price of our services will be as set out in the quotation provided.
- We may invoice you at any time after we have provided the services, at our absolute discretion. If you do not have an existing account with us, then payment must be made in cleared monies within 48 hours of the date of the invoice by means of bank transfer. If you hold an account with City Junk & Gardening, all invoices must be paid within 14 calendar days of the date of the invoice.
- Time provided for the payment of all our invoices, is defined within the contract that is created between the customer and City Junk & Gardening, at the time of the creation of the quotation.
- Failure to make payment by the pre-agreed date for payment, may result in the charging of interest to you, with reference to the outstanding balance, at a rate of 5% per month. This interest will accrue on a daily basis, from the due date until the date full payment is received. Full payment is defined as receipt of the original outstanding balance, and any accrued interest. An additional £50 ‘late payment’ charge will be added to the balace to cover our recovery costs. In addition, we reserve the right to invoice separately for the full cost of any solicitor’s fees that we incur as a result of chasing late payment.
- In the event of late payment we reserve the right to cancel or suspend our services, as well as suspend actions already undertaken to provide further services to you, until full payment has been received.
- The customer is responsible for paying in full, without applying any deductions, or withholding except as is required by law. You shall not be entitled to assert any credit, set-off or counterclaim against City Junk & Gardening in order to justify withholding payment whether in whole or in part.
Cancellations and charges
- You may amend or cancel any booked collection, at any time up till 12 hours before the booked collection time, by providing us with written notice. Amendments or cancellations that occur within 12 hours of a booked collection time, will incur a £30+VAT administration charge.
- Where you may be deemed to be contracting as a consumer you will additionally have the right to cancel a booking at any time up to the end of 7 working days after the day on which the contract is concluded, subject to the following provisions: A working day is any day other than weekends, bank or other public holidays:
– You do not have the right to cancel the contract, if the supply of our services begins with your agreement, before the end of the 7 working day cancellation period. It is assumed we have your agreement if we are required to carry out work within this pre-stated period.
– To exercise the right of cancellation, you must provide us with written notice in the first instance.
- If we are unable to remove any items from the premises, then:
– If, at our absolute discretion, City Junk & Gardening staff try and dismantle the item e.g. removal of table legs, in order to attempt to get the item(s) to a suitable size to be removed from site, if we are still unable to remove the item(s) from the premises, then we shall not be responsible for any reassembly of such item(s).
– If you wish us to appoint a third party company to assist, then you shall be responsible for all such costs the usage of the third party incurs.
- We allocate a fixed amount of time for clearing rubbish at the premises. This is specified as follows: for a ¼ lorry load up to 15 minutes; for a ½ lorry load up to 30 minutes; for a full lorry load up to 1 hour. Where it takes us longer than the allocated time for the allocated amount of storage space on a lorry, we reserve the right to charge an additional fee that fairly reflects the additional work.
- We reserve the right to terminate any arrangement with us at any time, by providing you with 24 hours’ notice.
- Termination will not affect either party’s outstanding rights or duties, including our right to recover from you any money owed laid out in the previously agreed terms and conditions.
- We will only use personal information provided by a customer to allow us to provide fair and suitable services, or to inform you about similar services which we provide, unless you inform us that you do not wish to receive such information. We will never pass on your data to a third party.
- By agreeing to the terms and conditions, you acknowledge that we may pass your details to credit reference agencies if we are obliged to do so.
- You may not transfer any of your rights, or obligations, under these terms to another person, without our prior written consent. Our written consent will not be withheld unreasonably, but is done so at our absolute discretion. We can transfer our rights, in part or in full, to another organization, but this will not affect your rights under the previously stated terms.
Gardening Service Terms and Conditions
Bookings and Confirmation
- You must provide us with a detailed description of your garden, at time of booking. City Junk & Gardening reserves the right to amend any existing quotes, and to charge for any extra work or costs incurred, as a result of inaccurate information provided by the customer.
- At the time of booking, it is the responsibility of the customer to provide an accurate description, and size, of the garden to be quoted for. If the job takes longer than first estimated, you will only be charged for the fixed amount of hours you were originally booked in for. Should the appointment require additional time, further work will be carried out upon your request, and confirmed by adding an additional cost per hour to the existing quotation. We reserve the right to amend any quotation, and charge for any extra work that is to be performed.
- The receipt of incomplete or inaccurate information, provided by the customer, can result in a cancellation of the previously agreed upon order. Alternatively, additional charges may be added to the quotation, to cover the cost of any extra work or services that are needed.
- If you provide us with incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate information or instructions, we may cancel the order at our discretion. Or, we may apply an additional charge of a reasonable sum, as adjudged by City Junk & Gardening, to cover any extra work that is required.
- Access to site: You shall ensure that access to your site is freely available, either by providing a full set of keys in advance of the date of work commencing, or by ensuring someone is at the site on the day of the service, at the pre-agreed time work is scheduled to commence.
- Access to your property must be freely available on the day of work commencing. This can be done by providing a full set of keys, or ensuring a responsible person is at the property at the pre-agreed time work is scheduled to commence.
- You will be allocated a time slot for the performance of your service. We are not responsible for lateness due to the following unforeseen circumstances: bad traffic, unexpected weather conditions, Force Majeure Events, or similar.
- Once a service has been confirmed, a time slot will be reserved for the performance of the service. Please note that the confirmation of the time of the job is a best estimate, we do not have control over the following unforeseen circumstances, including but not limited to heavy or delayed traffic, bad weather, or Force Majeure Events.
- Please note that it is your responsibility as the customer to make all parking arrangements prior to the arrival of City Junk & Gardening staff. You may need to contact your district council to request a parking permit, or a temporary suspension of parking restrictions. Any parking fees or fines, accrued during the time of the service provided, are to be paid by the customer in full.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to make all necessary parking arrangements. This includes but is not limited to, the suitable provision of parking permits. Any parking fees or fines incurred during the performance of the service, are the responsibility of the customer, and must be paid in full by them subject to the terms and conditions of the local authority applying the aforementioned fines or fees.
Pricing and Payment
- We base all prices and quotes on information and pictures provided by the customer. City Junk & Gardening reserves the right to amend price estimations and order confirmations where necessary, at our absolute discretion.
- All prices are based on pictures and information provided by the customer. We reserve the right to amend any quotation(s) should we feel deem it necessary.
- Acceptable forms of payment for the services provided are as follows: cash or BACs payments.
– Cash payments are payable to our staff whilst on site at the end of the service.
– BACs payments are to be received on the day when the job completed. An additional deposit may be requested for jobs quoted at in excess of £300.
- All prices are based on the information provided by the customer, and are estimated in the most accurate and fair way possible. If a job is to take longer than originally planned, the same hourly rates will be applied for the duration of the work. If the job takes less time to complete than originally estimated, you will be charged according to the time taken to complete the job, this will be reflected in a reduction in the final charge, in relation to time taken.
- Please be aware that the removal of up to 3 bags (totaling 180 L), or 1 large bag of up to 120 L & 1 small bag of no more than 60 L, of green waste that is accumulated during the service is included in the quotation as standard. Each additional bag incurs a £3 additional charge. Additional rubbish that is not accumulated during the service, may be taken by our operatives for an additional charge, to be agreed upon prior to removal.
Rescheduling and cancellation of appointments
- You will face an additional charge of £20 should you decide to cancel, or reschedule, your appointment less than 12 hours prior to the job.
- In the case that you decide to cancel the gardening service upon arrival of our staff, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of £25. This cancellation fee covers our traveling expenses.
- We reserve the right to cancel any lawn mowing, replanting, or painting appointment, in the event of unpredictable weather conditions.
- In order to provide a professional and high quality service, our staff must have adequate lighting and water table available in the garden they are working in.
- In instances where the health or wellbeing of our teams is at risk due to hazardous environmental factors, City Junk & Gardening reserves the right to cancel the appointment, and will not be liable for any fees or charges which the customer may incur from 3rd parties if the service is not carried out at previously arranged time.
- We require that the customer, or a responsible person acting on behalf of the customer, are present at the end of the service in order to inspect and sign off that the work as completed satisfactorily. In the event that nobody is present, we will assume the work has been accepted as fully satisfactory.
- We will make every effort to arrive and complete the services on time, however there may be delays due to circumstances beyond our control. In the event that this occurs, we will complete the services as soon as it is reasonably possible do so.
- We reserve the right to sub-contract any or all of the services, at our absolute discretion.
We appreciate your much valued business, and look forward to providing you with a quality, professional service.